WHAT IS A REFUND TRANSFER?
With a Refund Transfer (RT) your refund will be direct deposited from the IRS or State with Republic Bank. Before being disbursed to you, Republic Bank’s Refund Transfer Fees are deducted from the refund. Additionally, all applicable Transmitter, Service Bureau.Tax Preparation and Audit Fees and other authorized amounts are deducted from the refund and automatically forwarded to the appropriate party as authorized by you on your Bank Product Application and Agreement.
The remainder of your refund is disbursed to you by a bank check printed at the tax office, direct deposit to your personal bank account, loaded to a Prepaid Card or Walmart Direct2Cash.
How Long Does a Refund Transfer Take?
When you receive your refund depends on when the IRS or State releases the refund to Republic Bank. Based on information published on www.irs.gov, the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 calendar days. Please consult www.irs.gov or your State’s Department of Revenue website for the most up to date estimates on refund processing times. Once received by Republic Bank, your refund is immediately processed by deducting the fees authorized by you and releasing the money according to the disbursement option you have chosen.
What Else Should I know?
• You may choose to receive your refund as an RT which is a fee-based product provided by Republic Bank & Trust Company.
• A Refund Transfer is not necessary to obtain your refund.
• If you have an existing bank account, you can file a tax return electronically and receive your refund by direct deposit within a similar time frame and without paying the additional fees associated with an RT.
• If you choose a Refund Transfer, a Refund Transfer Fee and all other authorized amounts will be deducted from your tax refund.
• If you choose an RT, you will be charged a fee for your state refund or each additional funding. Please consult your tax preparer for specific details.
• You may be charged a Transmitter Fee and/or a Service Bureau Fee. Please consult your tax preparer for specific details.
• Tax preparation fees are determined by your preparer and disclosed to you on the Bank Product Application and Agreement.
• Prepaid Card usage fees may apply. Consult your Cardholder Agreement for details.
What are the Benefits?
SPEED – If you don’t have a bank account, a Refund Transfer allows you the benefit of having your refund processed safely as a direct deposit rather than waiting additional time for your check to be printed and mailed from the IRS or State. You can choose to receive your RT disbursed as a bank check with many low cost options for check cashing available, a prepaid card which often provides many benefits of a traditional bank account or Walmart Direct2Cash.
CONVENIENCE – With a Refund Transfer, you can have your taxes professionally prepared and pay tax preparation and other related fees with your refund money. This is a very convenient way to pay the fees associated with tax preparation and tax return filing without having to pay anything up front.
SECURITY – Many customers feel most comfortable with the security and personal service of picking up a bank issued check from the safety of the tax office rather than receiving an IRS or State issued check in the mail.
A Refund Transfer is a fee-based product offered by Republic Bank & Trust Company, member FDIC. A Refund Transfer Fee and all other authorized fees will be deducted from your tax refund. Visit your tax preparer to learn about all filing options, including obtaining your refund at no additional cost.